Re: Expired e-mail addresses

It appears that Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> It is certainly doable, but not in a fully automated way.

>See my response to Don. These are real costs but costs I have already
>considered and assigned to other parties in the Mesh Infrastructure. The
>Mesh is primarily an infrastructure for securing data at rest. I see you
>'lose your fancy name' and raise you a 'lose the pictures of the kids at
>5'. These are hard problems which is why I am focused on them.

Well, OK, here's a not entirely hypothetical example. An IETF
contributor has recently died. His laptop is locked to his fingerprint
so we can't get into it. We did get access to his email account. We
want to update his account so all of the addresses are inactive.

What do we do?

Every real world system I know has some way to do an administrative
override if you present enough external data, e.g., a death certificate.

R's,
John