Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Move RFC7954 and RFC7955 to Historic

IESG,

The move to Historic seems appropriate given the explanation
below, however,
while these specs are out of my field of expertise, three
mostly-procedural observations/ comments:

(1) LISP and the associated details have gotten enough attention
in the broader community that a few sentences about the impact
of the end of these experiments on the Proposed Standard version
of the protocol set (e.g., RFC 9300ff.) and the residual
Experimental protocols and maybe Informational documents, i.e.,
RFC 6831ff would be in order.   If it is worth cleaning up some
of the early LISP proposals and other documents, why not clean
up all of them?  Or, if there is a reason why those other
documents should be retained as apparently active Experiments it
seems to me that it would be worthwhile to put a sentence or two
in some prominent location explaining why.

(2) For much the same reason as above, this seems to me to
deserve a brief RFC, not just a change in status with links into
the datatracker that will likely be obscure or invisible to
likely readers who are not active and experienced IETF
participants.  Except for whatever is said about those other
documents, I think virtually all of the substantive text for
such an RFC is in the Last Call announcement.

(3) The Last Call announcement concludes with "IESG discussion
of this request can be tracked..." but the link given produces a
"page not found" error.  Presumably it should either be
corrected to refer to the parent page,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-lisp-eid-block-to-historic/
, or someone should fix the datatracker record so that
../ballot/ exists and contains at least placeholder text.

thanks,
   john

--On Thursday, August 10, 2023 12:01 -0700 The IESG