From: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 2:17 PM
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: uuidrev@xxxxxxxx; mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx; uuidrev-chairs@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis-08.txt> (Universally Unique IDentifiers (UUID)) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Revise Universally Unique Identifier Definitions WG (uuidrev) to consider the following document: - 'Universally Unique IDentifiers (UUID)'
  <draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the last-call@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2023-08-08. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines the UUIDs (Universally Unique IDentifiers)
   and the UUID Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace.  UUIDs are also
   known as GUIDs (Globally Unique IDentifiers).  A UUID is 128 bits
   long and is intended to guarantee uniqueness across space and time.
   UUIDs were originally used in the Apollo Network Computing System and
   later in the Open Software Foundation's (OSF) Distributed Computing
   Environment (DCE), and then in Microsoft Windows platforms.

   This specification is derived from the DCE specification with the
   kind permission of the OSF (now known as The Open Group).
   Information from earlier versions of the DCE specification have been
   incorporated into this document.  This document obsoletes RFC4122.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis/