Re: Approaching the IETF - A View from Civil Society

On 7/27/23 02:13, John Levine wrote:

I am skeptical of such conclusions in the absence of a thorough and
sober, balance-of-harm analysis.   For instance, it should not be
automatically assumed that back doors or other CSAM countermeasures will
actually reduce the level of CSAM that's produced or distributed.
Um, I think I said that the benefits of encryption outweigh the costs.

Yes you did, and I suspect you're right about that.  But if I'm trying to be "fair" I could argue that such analysis is needed to support that conclusion also.

Keith