Re: [Last-Call] Dnsdir last call review of draft-ietf-ntp-chronos-14

AS I indicated in my review comments, this is well off the path for a DNS Directorate review.

I feel that the draft does not clearly position  itself with respect to what NTS can (and connot) provide in terms of assurance of the integrity of the NTP time signal and what Knronos provides. I note that the Introduction states that: "Time shifting attacks on NTP clients can be based on interfering with the communication between the NTP clients and servers or compromising the servers themselves.”, but I assume that a reader would find it useful to note that NTS would conventionally mnake it more challenging for a party to interfere with the communication, but is of little impact if the servers themselves are compromised. Such a statement (and a reference to the NTS RFC8195) would address my concerns here about clarity of intended scope of Khronos.

thanks,

 Geoff