Re: [Last-Call] [spring] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-spring-sr-replication-segment-15

Mohit,
Thanks for your review. Comments inline @ [RP].

On Wed, Jul 5, 2023 at 10:58 AM Mohit Sethi via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
Review result: Ready

The security considerations section seems reasonable and I did not find any
other issues besides the following nits:

* Please expand MPLS, IGP, BGP, and SRH on first use.

[RP] SRH is already expanded in the Terminology sub-section. I will add others there.

* I find the capitalization of words across the document somewhat odd. The
phrase 'Replication node and a leaf node' has R capitalized and L not
capitalized. There are also other instances where L is capitalized such as 'For
Leaf/Bud nodes'? I guess the community has some uncodified standard for
capitalization of words. I'll leave it to the RFC editor and authors to handle
this.

[RP] We tried to fix the inconsistencies for some terms, but missed the leaf/Leaf instances. Will fix these.

There are few places where there is missing space between text and the opening
parenthesis. For example: "Path Computation Element(PCE)" and "Segment
Routing(SR)" don't have a space but "Segment Routing over MPLS (SR-MPLS)" has a
space.

[RP] I will fix these.

Some of the references aren't properly linked. For example, text in section 1.1
says "Terminology sections of RFC 8402, RFC 8754 and RFC 8986" but doesn't
reference the RFCs (it should perhaps look like [RFC8402], [RFC8754], and
[RFC8986]).

[RP] Will convert to references.

I could not understand the phrase: "building blocks for replication trees when
Replication segments on the root". What is "segments on the root"?

[RP] A Replication segment can be instantiated on a Root node (will capitalize this) and stitched to Replication segments instantiated on intermediate and Leaf nodes to form a P2MP tree.

attach vectors -> attack vectors

[RP] Will fix.