Re: RFC 8252

On 6/29/23 02:27, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:

I agree that the IESG's job is to Push_Back the ready_AD_adopted_Draft even if there is consensus power, but IMO the problem mostly is the IETF's procedure not IESG_job_execution, because part of IESG which is one AD is adopting that draft), so it can make it more difficult to Push_Back than to accept by other ADs. However, that procedure makes it quick to process work (less process_delay), which should be used for some proposed_drafts not all/BCP. Any decision making body/individual within IETF (especially IESG) needs to have complete balance in power for accepting or denying but IMO  IESG's procedure is not helping that balance in decision quality.

I always believed that every AD who has competency in the subject of a document under consideration, has an obligation to evaluate that document independently, before considering the opinions of others.   It doesn't work if there's any pressure to agree with the working group or  the responsible AD.

Keith