Re: Email (was Re: Next steps towards a net zero IETF)

It appears that Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>My proposal is completely decentralized in every respect except one: Alice
>has absolute control over the set of people who can communicate with Alice.

I believe it will work technically, but I don't see why it would be useful.

Mail systems have for a very long time let you only accept mail from
people in your address book, but hardly anyone does that. We have
decades of experince that tells us that the introduction problem is no
easier than the spam problem, and equally that a key reason people
keep using email is that you can communicate without prearrangement.

What makes this time different?

R's,
John