Re: availability of ccTLD zone data

> Il 05/03/2023 20:33 CST Jan Schaumann <jschauma=40netmeister.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>

> David Conrad <drc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > However, if you want to pursue this, the right folks to talk to would be ICANN's Country Code Names Supporting Organization (https://ccnso.icann.org/en).
>
> Thanks, that seems like a good place to take this
> (albeit without a public discussion forum, it
> seems).

The ccNSO is mostly a voluntary coordination forum, as the basic idea is that countries are sovereign over their ccTLD. However, it will allow you to communicate your proposal and/or reach out more easily to ccTLD operators. If you want, I can put you in touch with the "independent" council members (i.e., not representing ccTLD operators but appointed by the Nominating Committee), at least the two that are not up for reappointment this year (as the IAB/IETF's appointee to ICANN's Nominating Committee, though not speaking as such, I have to avoid conflicts of any kind). Happy to continue the discussion in private if you want.

I'll take the chance to remind everyone that applications for ICANN leadership positions are now open to any interested person - also feel free to contact me in private if you are interested.

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx