Re: [Last-Call] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-lisp-pubsub-10

Re-,

Thanks Magnus for clarifying.

I suggest to add the following in Section 6:

NEW:

   As a reminder, the initial transmission and retransmission of Map-

   Notify messages by a Map-Server follow the procedure specified in

   Section 5.7 of [RFC9301].  Some state changes may trigger an overload

   that would impact, e.g., the outbound capacity of a Map-Server.  A

   similar problem may be experienced when a large number of state were

   simultaneously updated.  To prevent such phenomena, Map-Servers

   SHOULD be configured with policies to control the maximum number of

   subscriptions and also the pace of Map-Notify messages.  The exact

   details to characterize such policies are deployment and

   implementation specific.  Likewise, this document does not specify

   which notifications take precedence when these policies are enforced.

Do we need to say more without going too much into implementation territory?

Cheers,

Med