Re: [Last-Call] [Eligibility-discuss] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-elegy-rfc8989bis-03

On 26-Jan-23 06:31, Martin Duke wrote:
Hi Vincent, thanks for the review.

In my opinion,  your concerns challenge the consensus in the WG, so I can't change the text unilaterally. I'll leave it up to our AD what he wants to do with these objections.

I think that is correct. I haven't checked the archive, but I'm fairly sure that all these ideas were explored in the WG discussion. (Possibly some of them were explored earlier, during the development of RFC8989, which was a non-WG document.)

For example, eligibility via IRTF positions or RFCs was definitely discussed, though not in depth. fwiw my personal opinion is that it's the IETF NomCom, so IRTF shouldn't count.

   Brian

Regardless, I'll share my personal thoughts about some of your comments