Re: [hrpc] [Pearg] [saag] Ten years after Snowden (2013 - 2023), is IETF keeping its promises?

Can you tell us what the ad hominem was, Vittorio? Ad hominem means an argument that attacks the person, as opposed to the person's argument. Mark's argument seems to have been very much about what you said, not about you. I don't see the part of his message where he even says anything at all about you as a person. Pointing out that you have not fully addressed what he said in a previous message is a response to your argument, not an attack on you as a person.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 10:08 AM Vittorio Bertola <vittorio.bertola=40open-xchange.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il 09/01/2023 13:02 CET Mark Nottingham <mnot=40mnot.net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>

> Vittorio,
>
> I’m on holiday, so my answer will be brief.
>
> You excerpted part of my message and used it to build a straw man. I’ll happily engage in discussion if you reply to the whole message.

And you just ignored my point and turned the thread into an ad hominem attack.

So, for the sake of not spamming four separate lists with this kind of stuff any further, I'm out of this discussion.

Kind regards,
--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx