Re: [saag] Ten years after Snowden (2013 - 2023), is IETF keeping its promises?

If there is one  thing that's clear here, it is that there there is no consensus about what those "real problems" are here, much less how to mitigate them.  Indeed, it is unlikely such a consensus could exist.  You have different people and communities advancing their own views and agendas, and occasionally showing up and humming their way at physical gatherings to express the sentiment of the moment.  And, the IETF is only one among hundreds of venues engaged in these activities.

Zuboff's surveillance capitalism construct is by definition, political-economic rather than technical.  And its control is clearly proceeding on a significant scale at the EU almost every day.

--tony