Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: rfc6761bis

Keith,

As I indicated in an earlier note in this particular thread, I
generally share your concern.  In particular, I think the
practice of creating mailing lists (and/or, as Lloyd sort of
pointed out, Github issue tracking and repositories) risks not
only over-fragmentation of the community but a reduction in the
quality and quantity of effective reviews by people with
expertise about particular topics or the subject matter of
particular documents (especially when topics or documents are
still under development) but insufficient time or interest to
monitor a large number of mailing lists in case something of
interest to them shows up.

However, it seems to me that issue is not about a particular new
mailing list decision but about some fairly clear IESG decisions
moving us in those directions.  If you (and others) believe that
the IESG has gotten that wrong and that attempts to persuade
them that they don't have the balance correct have not gotten
reasonable consideration and responses, let me remind you (and
others) about a principle I'm sure you know about, which is
"tell it to the Nomcom" (and do it now, before the window
closes).

    john

--On Wednesday, December 7, 2022 15:38 -0500 Keith Moore