Re: Sensing what is Right (was Re: BCP 83 PR actions and new media

Hi AB,

I hope you have recovered from your illness by now, or that you're much better.

Instead of responding point-by-point to your message, I will try to be brief.

I really do not believe that there is enough sense of rightness that we all have in common, to set the bounds on interpersonal behavior in IETF.   I see too much variation in what is considered right even among people from my own country, and from people from Western Europe, to believe that there's a common sense of that. Yes, we will all agree on a few things.   But IESG wishes to enforce far more than we all agree on, and so far there's been no willingness to try to get explicit agreement on more.

Keith