Re: [Last-Call] [art] Artart last call review of draft-pti-pen-registration-08

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022, Barry Leiba via Datatracker wrote:

Hadn’t we decided not to post email addresses in the registries going forward, for privacy reasons? I thought that IANA would record but not post the contact details, and would make the connection upon request. But maybe I misremember or misunderstood.

indeed! if an email address is posted, it shall comply with all existing privacy regulations, including EU GDPR which is quite strict on this. Of course the "owner" of the email address (e.g. the individual it belongs to) can decide to make it public, releasing explicitly all privacy issues, but in such a case we need to "record" this authorisation.

PS: and I also still have my old unsolved issue that email addresses change, disappear, etc... but this is another story we discussed a umber of times already :-)