Re: [External] RFC 8958 needs to be removed

> On 10/31/2022 4:53 AM EDT Olaf Kolkman <kolkman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On strictly personal title, this mail does not reflect the position of
> my employer! The reason I contribute is because I am an alumni of the
> trust and read the RFCs in nauseating detail.
>

> On 28 Oct 2022, at 23:27, Timothy Mcsweeney wrote:

> >> Not a reasonable (or correct) assumption.
> >

> > Why not?
>
> If I understand and paraphrase your argument well, you feel that that
> specific rights that were granted by the copyright in 3405 (like the
> ability to reproduce derivative works) are not explicitly granted  in
> 8958.

No. I'm saying that 8958 didn't meet the license requirements of 3405 and is therefore infringing.

> If that is your argument then you have missed BCP 78  to which RFC8958
> is subject. (For the example of reproduction section 3.3. is relevant)

And rfc8958 fails bcp78 too.  Ironically,  it fails at your forementioned section 3.3 where it says "
However, if the Contribution is accepted for development, the Contributor must resubmit the Contribution without the limitation notices before a working group can formally adopt the Contribution as a working group document."

Can you point to where rfc3405 was resubmitted without the limiting notice before work began on rfc8958?