Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

I think the general idea is that none of it is funny in any way, and abuses the lists with general charters (a WG chair could just declare something off topic pretty easily).

Please just stop sending this stuff, and work on the internet.

thanks,
Rob

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 2:25 PM heasley <heas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 08:46:14AM +1300, Brian E Carpenter:
> Valery,
>
> I'm not commenting further on the PR action as such. We are a diverse group of people and many here are not native speakers of the language. I suggest that using sarcasm or satire in this group is an ineffective and confusing method. If half the audience takes the sarcasm or the satire seriously, the argument will cancel itself out.
>
> Regards
>     Brian Carpenter

Is sarcasm against the rules and grounds for censorship?  Is humor also
impermissible?  Top-posting/replying should certainly be.