Re: Notification to list from IETF Moderators team

I am very much of the school of thought that working on development of internet standards requires developing critical skills and judgement, and that being able to recognise jokes, and then reject them as false claims, is an integral part of that, just as you would reject claims about a protocol design that you consider wrong. In effect, the jokes can be a tool for thought and a teaching mechanism.

Development also requires and must encourage creativity within constraints, and the April Fools mechanism is an regular accepted outlet for such creativity.

The April Fools convention is a longstanding western tradition that the IETF reflects.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx