Re: Dnsdir

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your comment about the DNS directorate, it is indeed brand new as the directorate reviewers and chairs have been selected 10 days ago or so.

You may have a look at https://wiki.ietf.org/group/dnsdir and https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/dnsdir/about/ (feel free to also read the reviews and reviewers tabs).

As the directorate is full of energy, the reviewers have been quite active this week. Geoff Huston, as one of the chairs, has suggested to review and to state 'not linked to DNS' when applicable, which is perfectly fine of course.

Why and now ? Simply because at the IESG evaluation stage, we have recently seen several I-Ds with wrong assumptions about DNS and domain names. The goal is to do *early reviews* requested by WG chairs, e.g., shortly after WG adoption. We still must announce this directorate to all WG chairs though.

Thanks for your interest, hope that this clarifies

Regards

-éric & warren, the responsible AD

- geoff & jim, the chairs

PS: I signed with our four names, but as I wrote without checking with them, then all mistakes are mine.