Re: [Last-Call] [sipcore] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-sipcore-multiple-reasons-01

Both sip and q.850 can already coexist in a sip message as per 3326. But only one header field value for each can be present. This document does not change that. What it does is allow new protocols that explicitly define more than one heder field value to appear to have that. It does not define such a new protocol, so there is nothing to use (except something fictional) in an example. A fictional example will introduce more confusion than clarity. The example you are looking for is in https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-identity-header-errors-handling/

RjS

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2022, at 10:23 AM, Avasarala, Ranjit (Nokia - US/Naperville) <ranjit.avasarala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Robert

RFC 3326 already defines SIP / Q.850 as a possible protocol values and this draft is proposing that both can co-exist in the same response.  So some example would help better understand on how they will be added

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 10:19 AM
To: Avasarala, Ranjit (Nokia - US/Naperville) <ranjit.avasarala@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Todd Herr <todd.herr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; art@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-sipcore-multiple-reasons.all@xxxxxxxx; last-call@xxxxxxxx; sipcore@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-sipcore-multiple-reasons-01

That will happen in a document that defines such a protocol, such as the one referenced in STIR. This document should remain minimal.

RjS

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2022, at 10:02 AM, Avasarala, Ranjit (Nokia - US/Naperville) <ranjit.avasarala@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Todd

I agree - the draft could provide few examples of where we would use SIP Reason header with multiple protocol values in the same SIP response

Regards
Ranjit