Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: BCP 83 PR-Action Against Dan Harkins

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 12:12 AM lloydwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lloydwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
oh, I could deal with Harkins. But the point is, no-one should have to deal with Harkins.

Fully agree. I have a list of people I mute, and that works for me. But you can't just throw your hands up and lament the process if you care, because newcomers will not have this knowledge. I asked for the reasoning because people were saying it should have been earlier, and I agree.

The pattern I see is that people use non-technical lists to hold forth on some strange topics. They could get a blog or something, but no one would read it, so they use the IETF lists for the audience.

Anyway, I support this action, but there seems to be a structural issue as well.

thanks,
Rob