Re: spoofing email addresses

vjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Vernon Schryver) writes:
> If your ISP is incompetent at configuring an SMTP server, then whose
> fault is it that you continue to buy bad service?   Why don't you treat
> your incompetent locl provider of "Client only, non-public address"
> or "Client only, public address" as a provider of those services and
> use them only to connect to a system where you get competent Full
> Internet Connectivity?

Indeed.  See my comments at <http://www.vix.com/personalcolo/>.  Note that
it's probably time I added some SMTP-AUTH/IMAPS/webdav providers to the list,
since not everybody can run their own 1U, but everybody can configure their
mail clients and web authoring tools to deal with more-distant providers.
--
Paul Vixie