Re: HTTP is a domain name

On 29 Aug 2022, at 14:38, Timothy Mcsweeney wrote:

I am probably more curious than is good for me.

—Olaf

That the characters of a URI are in fact domain names and need to resolved before making sense of anything else.

That conclusion is IMHO not valid, and doesn’t follow from the premise.

URI’s may contain domain names. And domain names may contain HTTP, or even consist out of the label HTTP. But, a URI requires a scheme (of which the string http indicates one). http by itself is contextless and hence meaningless.

Olaf M. Kolkman
This mail is on personal title. Tweets as: @kolkman