Re: Registration open for IETF 115

It appears that John C Klensin  <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> said:
>I had, indeed, completely forgotten that meeting and the
>associated policies.    Not a good reason to tolerate/ encourage
>another very restrictive cancellation policy however.  I do
>continue to accept Jay's assertion that this it the best that
>can be done, especially if we were locked into the hotel due to
>deferring the earlier schedule.

It's not just that. If we want to meet in London, there is only one
hotel that has the facilities and meeting rooms we need. It's a
running joke that every time any of us go to London, it's to the
Metropole if it's a big meeting, or the Park Plaza if it is a small
one. When ICANN met in London in 2014, I presume you remember where it
was.

Our staff has been making hotel arrangments for our meetings for a
long time and I think most of us agree they have been doing a good
job. Does anyone really imagine they said, oh, heck, nobody cares
about the cancellation policy

R's,
John