Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-rats-architecture-21

Laurence Lundblade <lgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Yes, the way in which the Evidence is relayed is vendor proprietary,
    >> but the the Evidence and/or Attestation Results are then relayed to an
    >> external verifier.

    > I don’t know anything about router architecture, but do about mobile
    > phone architecture which I consider a candidate for composite
    > attestation.

    > A mobile phone based on a chip like a Qualcomm Snapdragon has many
    > subsystems. Something like this: - A TEE and/or HW root of trust,
    > perhaps controlled by the chip vendor, not the phone vendor - A Secure

Laurence, the key point which you missed communicating, is whether or not all
these subsystems produce evidence which is either:
  a) evaluated by other subsystems, so never leves the device, and is not
  subject to standardization.  (As Gyan has suggested)
-or-
  b) collected by other subsystems and then sent off the device to a Verifier
for evaluation.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )