Re: The Sheraton was a good choice for IETF 114 but....

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 12:34 PM Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I was thinking more of a one-time-password generator for streaming
    > accounts, like there are with good banks virtual credit card numbers,
    > where you upfront can configure a period of validity, such as a week,
    > and maximum charge against it, and number of transactions.

Yes.
Any password with enough entropy to be useful is pretty much impossible to
type on some screen keyboard using the arrow pad on a remote.
Plus what PHB said about turning ones password over to unknown device.

This is a place where TIGRESS might be able to do some work, where the TV
creates a mailbox, displays the mailbox location as a QR code, and you scan
from the phone with a *wallet* app.
This is done today with some youtube players on TVs already.

That is thinking about functionality. I want the seamless experience from booking through to checkin through to checkout.

Don't think about 'how'.