Request for comments on draft mail protocol

Hello,

I am currently involved in a project to create an internet-draft for a
domain/key based system allowing mail domains to be validated using rsa
keys, distributed using the DNS system, with minimal modification to
existing infrastructure. Does a specification for such a system already
exist? I have many ideas for extentions to the existing SMTP protocol, as
well as plans for a derivative protocol incorporating this key-based
system as a more secure and verifiable method of exchanging mail. If
anyone is interested, I would appreciate being contacted off-list to
discuss the possible formation of a working group to discuss such ideas.

Regards,
James Denness