Re: [Last-Call] [Uta] Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-uta-rfc7525bis-09

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022, at 15:25, Rob Sayre wrote:
> It meant: "go ahead and publish this document, it will only damage your
> credibility and the IETF's"

Now where have I heard that statement before?  Strangely the response I'd have is the same in both cases.

If we're guessing about outcomes, I'd say that publishing this document is unlikely to damage anyone's reputation.  It's useful, pragmatic guidance.

On the other hand, deciding not to publish it because someone complained would do a lot more damage to the credibility of the institution.  That would make the institution appear out of touch, and weak enough that a bit of modest disagreement causes it to fear doing something useful.