Re: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-lisp-vendor-lcaf-10

Alberto Rodriguez-Natal (natal) writes:
> We have tried to include all your feedback in version -11 of the draft [1].
> Would you be so kind to take a look and let us know what you think? Just one
> comment regarding the new version.

Those changes looks good.

> Now the draft points to the IEEE standard using this format “IEEE
> Std 802 [IEEE.802_2014]”. It seems that the reference system doesn’t
> allow us to use “IEEE Std 802 [IEEE.802]”. Let us know if this is
> ok, or how we shall proceed.

That sound like serious issue in the reference system that should be
fixed, and I would assume there is already a way of doing that as
several RFCs are able to do it.

When I did it myself last time I think I simply included the reference
manually:

    <reference anchor='IEEE.802' target="https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6847097";>
      <front>
        <title>IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Overview and Architecture</title>
	<author>
	  <organization>IEEE</organization>
	</author>
        <date day="1" month="July" year='2014'/>
      </front>
      <seriesInfo name="DOI" value="10.1109/IEEESTD.2014.6847097"/>
      <seriesInfo name="IEEE" value="Std 802" />
    </reference>

but that was several years ago, so I have no idea what is the current
way of doing that.

> Let us know any comment you might have in the new version.

I think it should best to try to find out how to do the undated
reference, and if it not really possible, then there most likely
should be a issue ticket created asking for undated references.

Looking at the xml2rfc bibxml files for IEEE in the
xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org, they do not seem to be maintained, it is
missing all the latest standars, and is missing undated references
etc. It has not really been updated since 2015...

The bib.ietf.org seems to have updated list of references for IEEE
standards, but I have no idea how to use that in your xml file, and
even it does not have undated references as far as I can find out.
--
kivinen@xxxxxx