Report on 28-year study of IESG effectiveness - Early version available for IESG members (past and present)

I have completed a dissertation study on what organizational dynamics within the IESG cause effective consensus decision-making.  Effective consensus decision leads to RFC published, WG actions (e.g. creating a WG), and actions to manage the IETF as an organization.  This study examined the IESGs and IETF chairs from 1989-2016 using online data (IESG minutes, WG information, IETF presentations) and surveys of IESG members.

Any IESG member (past or present) who would like to my dissertation before it is published, may request access to the dissertation or request a short presentation on the results.  Please contact me directly (shares@xxxxxxxx or susaha1@xxxxxxxxxx).

If you are interested, but not an IESG member – let me know.   I can provide additional information after the dissertation is published in late July/Early August.

Cheers, Susan Hares

PS – the main body of the dissertation is 380+ pages.

The appendices run another 1000+ pages.