Re: 60th IETF - Registration

Dave Crocker wrote:
Leif,

LJ> Big hotels that are cheap and where the staff won't throw a fit
LJ> when we all turn up in force, laptops, duct-tape and all, don't
LJ> exactly grow on trees you know! I'm happy if it has a bar.

that must be why we are going to one that costs US$ 179/night, with no secondary lodging listed.

Hey - I'm all for a permanent relocation to Minneapolis! But I have seen worse. The LA IETF was >200$ per night. The 'throw-a-fit' bit probably limits the choices a bit too. I remember working on the Stockholm IETF. We (the local staff) were politely asked but the staff of the Grand Hotel to please use the service entrances as we were scaring the other guests :-)

MVH leifj