Re: Bad/Good ideas and damage control by experienced participants

On 6/15/22 08:37, Nick Hilliard wrote:

The freedom to be "snarky with a snot-nosed kid" also includes the freedom not to be snarky, and given that the latter almost always produces a better outcome,
I have a strong sense that as long as we keep casting this problem as one of conflict between stereotypically "bad" people and "good" people, we'll fail to address the underlying issues, and mostly just promote new kinds of arbitrary prejudices.   We'll get no closer to making IETF more productive, and just create more ill will and brain drain.

Keith