Re: Harassment, abuse, accountability. and IETF mailing lists

Hi,

My take on this is that lists hosted by the IETF should have the same expectations about conduct.   The difference between w.g. and non-w.g. lists are impossible to detect externally from the list name.

If someone wants to create an IETF hosted list, then they should be willing to abide by a set of IETF rules about conduct (for example, the anti-harassment policies).   If someone wants to have a list that isn’t covered by the IETFs rules, there are a very large number of other places to have it hosted.

Bob