Re: [Last-Call] Rtgdir telechat review of draft-ietf-sidrops-8210bis-06

hi mohamed,

i really appreciate your continued work and patience.

> * Section 5.1 (Fields of a PDU): This section does not list the fields
>   of the newly added ASPA PDU (e.g., AFI Flags, Customer Autonomous
>   System Number, Provider Autonomous System Numbers, Provider AS
>   Count).

fixed.  but i have become unhappy that field definitions are repeated in
multiple places.  this is a recipe for confusion and mistakes.

> * Section 5.12
>
> (1)
>
> OLD:
>    Receipt of an ASPA PDU announcement
>    (announce/withdraw flag == 1) when the router already has an ASPA PDU
>    with the same Customer Autonomous System Number and the same Address
>    Family (see Flags field), replaces the previous one.^
>                ^^^^^^
>
> NEW:
>    Receipt of an ASPA PDU announcement
>    (announce/withdraw flag == 1) when the router already has an ASPA PDU
>    with the same Customer Autonomous System Number and the same Address
>    Family (see AFI Flags field), replaces the previous one.
>                ^^^^^^^^

yup

> (2) Shouldn't the following (and similar text) be updated to precise that the behavior is per AF?
>
> CURRENT:
>    The router should see at most one ASPA from a cache for a particular
>    Customer Autonomous System Number active at any time.

>    For the ASPA PDU, the announce/withdraw Flag is set to 1 to indicate
>    either the announcement of a new ASPA record or a replacement for a
>    previously announced record with the same Customer Autonomous System
>    Number.  The announce/withdraw flag set to 0 indicates removal of the
>    ASPA record in total.  Here, only the customer AS of the ASPA record
>    MUST be provided, the Provider AS Count as well as the Provider AS
>    Numbers list MUST BE zero.
>
> (nit: s/MUST BE/MUST be)

ok

> * Section 6:
>
> OLD:
>   Recommended default:  3600 seconds (2 hours).
>
> NEW:
>   Recommended default:  3600 seconds (1 hour).

sigh

> (I noted that you are discussing reverting for the Expire Interval).

reversion won, , i.e. same as 6810 8210, 7200

> * Section 7:
>
> (1)
>
> I would add some text to be explicit how the content of the Arbitrary
> Text field is used on the receiver side to decide whether/which
> version to use for subsequent exchanges. Typically, the highest common
> version will be picked. If no common version is supported, the router
> will cease the connection.

   If a cache which supports version N receives a query from a router
   which specifies its highest supported version Q < N, the cache MUST
   downgrade to protocol version Q [RFC6810] or [RFC8210] or send a
   version 2 Error Report PDU with Error Code 4 ("Unsupported Protocol
   Version") and terminate the connection; in which case the Arbitrary
   Text field of the ERROR Report PDU MUST be a list of one octet binary
   integers indicating the version numbers the cache supports.  The
   router MUST choose the highest mutally supported version.  If there
   are none, the router MUST abort the session, sending a version 2
   Error Report PDU with Error Code 4 ("Unsupported Protocol Version").

>>  1.  The cache may terminate the connection, perhaps with a version 4
>>  	Error Report PDU, Unsupported Protocol Version.
>
> I guess you meant "version 2 Error Report PDU with Error Code 4".

sigh

thanks again!

randy