Re: Root Anycast

On 18 May 2004, Paul Vixie wrote:

> The result is a service which has never been "down hard", not ever, not for
> any millisecond out of the last 15 years.  This is "strength by diversity."

This isn't quite true. There have been multiple server failures. And if I
recall, I think that there have been quite a few servers (like 12 of 13)
that have been down at one time in this timeframe.

But I haven't been keeping close track.  If someone has been keeping
operational stats (like outage date, cause, postmortem) on the roots, I'd
appreciate a pointer to this...

		--Dean