Re: Are IETF meeting fees exclusionary? (Was: Registration open for IETF 114)

On 05-14, 8:32 AM, "ietf-request@xxxxxxxx" <ietf-request@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 10:30:45 -0500
> From: Mary B <mary.h.barnes@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Are IETF meeting fees exclusionary? (Was: Registration
>	open for IETF 114)
>
> IETF is now offering childcare which is great.

That is indeed great!

FWIW, from 2001-2008 I think my then-employer would have asked me to
start participating in IETF if I had been willing and able to travel
to the meetings, but I was not because we had small children (born in
1998, 2001, and 2005).

So I'm glad to hear the IETF now offers child care, that sounds like
a helpful step forward.  If that had been available and known to me
or my boss, I might have been able to start back then.

My kids are now old enough it's no longer a problem, which was a key
prerequisite for me to start coming in 2016.

-Jake