Re: Tombstone README for FTP service

On 28/04/2022 16:47, Keith Moore wrote:

On Apr 28, 2022, at 11:33 AM, tom petch <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the IETF has been standardizing NFS since the 1990s.

And Microsoft announced client support with Windows 10.

By the way, where is the IETF website that provides I-D via NFS?

If there’s a Windows NFS client now, and anonymous access can easily be arranged, maybe it’s worth looking at providing I-D and/or RFC access via anonymous NFS.  Most of the historic limitations of NFS (e.g. poor security/authentication) probably aren’t problems for that use case.  Port blocking might still be a problem though.

I have not tried using it but that is what the Microsoft website says, the server has been around for a while but the client is new in Windows 10 (which is now five years old)

Tom Petch

.