Re: RFC Errata junk

Hi Robert,

On 31-Mar-22 11:57, Robert Raszuk wrote:
Hi,

We are observing more and more bogus RFC Errata submissions which makes
no sense technically.

Some of them look like phishing attempts to get valid email addresses of those kind enough to respond to the author.

Perhaps its time to require IETF login authentication before submitting
RFC errata ? Interestingly the email addresses of folks reporting it are also never seen on any IETF WG list so that could also be a perhaps valid auto check.

But RFCs are not just for IETF readers. While I appreciate the problem, the solution has to work for anybody.

Also - because this is not an IETF issue - this discussion surely belongs on rfc-interest.

    Brian