Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-koster-rep-06.txt> (Robots Exclusion Protocol) to Informational RFC

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 2:05 PM Gary Illyes <garyillyes=40google.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With all that said, it's clear that the current boilerplate is a no-go
and, based on some sidebar chats, our worries perhaps unfounded,
so we can switch the status section to the "IETF Informational w/
consensus" one

Additionally, addressing Mark's comment about an ACK from other
consumers of the REP, I'll put out a public request on an official
Google social media account inviting other search engines to reply
here. We did check in with them before submitting the draft as well
as when we made notable changes (v5 -> v6), but I agree that the
other consumers of the REP should also at least acknowledge the
publication of this draft, considering how important it is in general.

If the authors are prepared to make this change, I'd like to hear why "IETF Standards Track w/consensus" is (or should be) off the table, especially if other search engines are going to indicate support.

-MSK