Changes are in https://github.com/cabo/ace-aif/pull/7
(and in https://github.com/cabo/ace-aif/pull/5, see below).
I plan to wait for comments on these PRs and then to submit an updated I-D.

On 2022-02-22, at 19:56, Marco Tiloca via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Reviewer: Marco Tiloca
> Review result: Ready with Nits
>
> Thanks for this good document! Please, find below a few minor comments.
>
> Best,
> /Marco
>
> [Section 2.2]
>
> * The first paragraph has the only occurrence of "AIF object". I suppose that's
> what you call "list of pairs" in Section 2, right before Figure 1.
>
>   If so, it may help to define "AIF object" there in Section 2, or to rather
>   replace it with something like "list of (Toid, Tperm) pairs" here in Section
>   2.2.

Indeed, the term “AIF Object” may be confusing to people used to the JSON terminology, where “Object” refers to a map.  Replaced it with “AIF data item”, as already used in two other places.

> * In the second paragraph, an access is possibly subject to conditions, not
> dictating them. Thus, shouldn't the right word be "conditionalized" rather than
> "conditionalizing" ?
>
> [Section 3]

Well, it is the information model that further conditionalizes here.  Simplified this to

>> This simple information model also does not allow expressing
>> conditionalized access based on state outside the identification of
>> objects (e.g., "opening a door is allowed if that is not locked").

> * s/e.g., 35 for Dynamic-DELETE/e.g., 35 would be the number for Dynamic-DELETE

Well, 35 actually *is* the number for Dynamic-DELETE.  Now:

  been for X, plus a Dynamic-Offset chosen as 32 (e.g., 35 is the
  number for Dynamic-DELETE as the number for DELETE is 3).

> [Sections 4, 5.1 and 5.2]
>
> * In Section 4 and later on when registering the two media-types in Section
> 5.1, "local-uri" is used as default value for the Toid parameter.
>
>   However, the new sub-registry defined in Section 5.2 (and where Toid values
>   have to be taken from) is populated with an entry with value "local-part".
>   Shouldn't they all indicate the same value?

Yes, Klaus Hartke noticed this, too, PR #5.

>   Also, perhaps it is better to name it "URI-local-part".

Good idea, added to PR #5.

> [Section 5.2]
>
> * Suggested rephrasing:
>
>   For both media-types application/aif+cbor and application/aif+json, IANA is
>   requested to create a sub-registry within [IANA.media-type-sub-parameters]
>   for the two media-type parameters Toid and Tperm, populated with:

s/both/the/, otherwise changed as proposed

> [Section 6]
>
> * The first bullet point has the only occurrence of "AIF information". Perhaps
> this is another name for what you called "AIF object" in Section 2.2? (see
> previous comment for similar considerations)

Went to “AIF data item” again.

> * The second bullet point says: "and that all parties understand Toid/Tperm
> pairs to signify the same operations."
>
>   Suggested rephrasing: "and that all parties have the same understanding of
>   each Toid/Tperm pair in terms of specified resources and operations on those"

Nice!  Changed.
I changed “resources” to “objects (resources)”, because the objects of the access control matrix don’t actually need to be resources.

> [Nits]
>
> * Section 1.1
> --- s/This memo uses terms from [RFC7252]/This specification uses terms from
> CoAP [RFC7252]

Good idea.
I also expanded the Internet Security Glossary.

> * Section 2.2
> --- s/, however,/. However,
>
> * Section 6
> --- s/and provides (2) any/and (2) provides any

Thank you!

Grüße, Carsten