Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-koster-rep-06.txt> (Robots Exclusion Protocol) to Informational RFC

It's good to see robots.txt coming to the IETF.
I think that this is coming via AD sponsorship.  Was there a dispatch
discussion/action that I missed?

I see that the document is Informational.
I'm unclear if this document is identical to the 1996 description, or if
there are changes against the 1996 version.

Are there plans to revise the protocol further, and this is the first step?

I wonder if 2.3.1.2.  Redirects should suggest the file be moved to
/.well-known/robots.txt with a redirect, that perhaps shouldn't be counted.
That would be a change which may be more than desired.

(I was thinking on the weekend about some extensions that would fit nicely
into robots.txt)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )