Re: Importance of NomCom chair role (was: Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00)

Addressing this one point, that was the whole notion behind each chair publishing a report like this:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-barnes-nomcom-report-2009-00.txt

I don't think these reports have been done recently but I personally found it extremely helpful in the cases that chairs did that.  We hadn't published any of these as RFCs, however,  given the sorts of documents we publish nowadays I think it would be appropriate to do so.

You can find some of the aspects you note in Nomcom chair's report at the plenaries.

Regards,
Mary