From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Salz, Rich
Sent: 14 February 2022 16:03
To: tom petch <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyncke=40cisco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Donald Eastlake <d3e3e3@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RFC 4858 on shepherding

My original note wasn't clear, sorry for the confusion.

RFC 4858 talk in detail about writing the shepherd document, and then working with the various parties to get the document through the AD, IESG, IETF LC, and IANA reviews.  I was asking if the *everything but the document part* is obsolete.  Does anyone have recent examples (use your own definition of recent; mine is like five years) where the *document shepherd* guided the draft through all of the other parts, as described in the RFC?