Re: draft-sullivan-nomcom-chair-select-00

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 09:27:37AM +0000, Stewart Bryant wrote:
I think that this process assumes an “infinity” of able candidates queuing up to do the job.

Could you say why you think that?  It certainly isn't my expectation.

I suspect that in reality the only way to get good candidates is to nicely ask a number of likely people and hope that one will say yes.

That's the process we have now, and it has the obvious problem that it depends on the Internet Society President (at present, me) having a good list of "likely people".  Populating that list is what I'm trying to do.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
President & CEO, Internet Society
sullivan@xxxxxxxx