Re: [admin-discuss] Update on www.ietf.org analytics and proposal for next steps

Brian

All very good and *useful* comments. Unsure though how to answer the  "why not" question but knowing that parts of the IETF web properties are never used is already interesting.

I will work with Greg and the tools team to ensure giving more visibility to EMO.

Regards "et merci"

-éric

On 09/02/2022, 20:45, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Éric,

    > prioritizing and improving content on the most visited pages

    Right, but IMHO an equally important point is looking at which pages are less visited *and why not*. Is it because they are not so important, or because they are hard to find? Are there pages that we would consider important that nobody looks at?

    > The aggregated data is made available to the IETF LLC staff, contractors whose role requires it, and the Internet Engineering Steering Group.

    I would suggest that EMO also needs to see the data. Are people finding and using the educational/tutorial material? There isn't enough detail in the overview reports to answer that (it's all hidden in the "Others" category), but thanks for publishing them.

    Regards
        Brian Carpenter

    confirmed it is delivering anticipated results. In the past year, information from web analytics on has been used by IETF LLC staff and the Secretariat to understand and improve use of www.ietf.org in various ways, including by:

    cross domain linking.[4] As with the initial deployment on www.ietf.org <http://www.ietf.org>, the IESG and Tools Team would review these deployments after one year to ensure they are delivering the expected results.