Re: [Last-Call] [EXTERNAL] Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-mtu-option-12.txt> (IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option) to Experimental RFC

Hi Ole,

No, that does not work. A path could include a heterogeneous mix of jumbo-aware
and non-jumbo MTU option hardware. And, if the first one (or a few) hardware elements
in the path are jumbo-aware before reaching a non-jumbo hardware element it will
simply drop the packet. Hence, all hardware needs to be jumbo-aware from the very
beginning when the MTU option draft becomes an RFC.

Fred