Re: Backdoor standards?

On 2022-01-13, at 00:10, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> we could get rid of the equivalent to a stable

Baby/bathwater.

https://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
“Hypertext Style: Cool URIs don't change.”

Yes, Mike identified an issue here.
Any sweeping solutions discussed in this thread have several orders of magnitude more downside to them than the problems.
Better to do a point solution, such as publishing -18 as informational.

Can we stop discussing the dead horse and instead look at the best point solution for the actual issue?

Grüße, Carsten