Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-18

Hi Sriram

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed) <kotikalapudi.sriram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gyan,

>I think the document needs to clearly state that the role priority by itself does not have an import policy that is automatically configured.  The import policy is based on OTC Attribute.  The document should also clearly state that Role priority must be used in conjunction with OTC attribute.  I think this is being implied but needs to be clear that role priority must be used with OTC attribute for route leak detection and prevention.  Also in order for the route leak detection and prevention to work correctly, the role priority cannot have an automatic inbound policy and must depend on the dynamic signaling nature of OTC path attribute to signal route leak.

Just reporting back here the agreement in the off-list conversation between you and the authors. We have made the following change (at the end of Section 3.2) and you kindly accepted it:

Old text:

   The BGP Role value for the local AS is used in the route leak

   prevention and detection procedures described in Section 4.

New text:

   The BGP Role value for the local AS (in conjunction with the OTC

   Attribute in the received UPDATE message) is used in the route leak

   prevention and detection procedures described in Section 4.

: Does this seem adequate?

: Gyan> Yes. Perfect

Thanks once again for your thorough review and help in improving the readability of the document.

 Gyan>  Welcome.  The verbiage looks good.  I am all set.

Sriram / Alexander

--

Gyan Mishra

Network Solutions Architect