Re: Proposal, open up .arpa

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 at 23:16, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>8
>
> (3) The DNS was not designed for, and has never been good at,
> handling very large zones ...

>  ...  Perhaps I don't understand your explanation and
> example, but if the subnodes of mesh.arpa are going to be
> callsigns bound to people and this model is successful, then you
> are talking about a zone with four or five billion nodes in it
> today (and growing).

... and integrating w.r.t. time,  this inevitably becomes an
unsustainable proposition.

What is being proposed here is not just a unique identifier for life,
it is also the user's digital tombstone!

The prevailing "rental" model will at least ensure that "jck.com" will
be recycled a decent interval after JCK is himself recycled and unable
to shell out his $15.99

--rwf